This french toast is to die for! I have found the perfect combination! French toast...and Funnel cake. They serve this at one of my favorite restaurants (RIPE). I have recreated this dish and it will not disappoint.
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- sliced bread (even better with potato bread)
- In a deep-fryer, or heavy skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat milk and eggs together. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the egg mixture until smooth.
- Dip sliced bread into batter and gently drop into hot oil. Fry until golden brown and carefully flip.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, fresh berries and maple syrup.