Monday, September 13, 2010

Dump Cake


I am all about no fuss desserts. This doesn't get any easier...I promise. All you need is 4 simple ingredients that most people have in their pantries already.  My mom always made this for us growing up. It reminds me of summer vacations in Waterton, Alberta at the family cabin. Excuse the messy bowl in the picture. I should have cleaned it up a bit before I shot this picture.- BarbaraJo


Dump Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1  can cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple
1 stick of butter

In a 13x9 inch casserole dish DUMP the can of cherry pie filling, then the can of (un-drained) pineapple. Next evenly spread the yellow cake mix (dry) over the fruit and cut up the butter into slivers and distribute all over the top of the dry cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails