Sunday, September 26, 2010

Laurel's Every -Time -the -Family -Gets- Together -Tex Mex

This is Dave's favorite.  I make it so much I could do it with my eyes shut!  This is easy and yummy and healthy.  Great for football games!

Laurel's Tex Mex

On a large platter (the fancier the better) or a 9x12 (the ugly factor, but if that is all you have, go for it)
Spread with a wooden spoon:
1 can of refried bean
salt and pepper, sprinkle over the top
1 to 2 cups of sour cream
Sprinkle half of a package of taco seasoning
Chopped up fresh avacados (I use 2-3 depending on the size)
1/2 of fresh lemon, squeeze over the top of the avacados
Chopped tomatoes-1-2 depending on personal preference
1 can of chopped black olives
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
2-3 cups of shredded cheddar/monterey cheese

Serve with a basket of your favorite corn chips or Mexican chips.  I like the thin kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails