These cookies are one of my favorite! Especially right out of the oven when the chocolate is warm and soft....YUM! You'll have to excuse the picture because I ran out of KISSES and I let my kiddos in on the action. I rolled out the dough, Alex covered each ball in sugar, Tori flattened them with the fork (which is NOT necessary if you have Hershey Kisses), and Benton placed the chocolate chips. This was a team effort and even though they are not beautiful, they still taste just as good!- BarbaraJo
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates (or chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (I used Almond butter this time and they were delish!)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
Directions:1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.