Monday, November 12, 2012

Not Your Usual Chili

We went to our friend's house a few weeks ago for a chili dinner. I wasn't too excited because I don't normally love chili. But once I have a taste of this, I couldn't get enough. The flavor was so amazing. Who would have thought that combining taco seasoning, ranch mix and enchilada sauce would totally work? I had to get the recipe from my awesome friend Cammi. It's not your average, run of the mill taco soup either. This would taste so amazing with a warm slice of homade corn bread.  For dessert, make yourself some moist pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. It doesn't get any better than that. (Not my pic, sorry)

1 pound of lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 can of chicken broth
1 can of pinto beans, drained
1 can of black beans, drained
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of dry ranch mix
1 can of mild green enchilada sauce

*Brown the meat in a large pot along with the onions and garlic. Add the chicken broth, beans, corn, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix, and enchilada sauce. Simmer on low until the flavors magically meld together. Add salt, pepper, and even a little cumin if you need to. Even better the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails