Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Grandma Matheny's Bran Muffins

Sorry, I know the skull ornament is odd, but my kids eat more when the food is decorated. I made these one night when I needed my "sweet bread" fix. I am also a sucker for anything that calls for buttermilk. These are awesome for breakfast or snack with a cold glass of milk. You really can never go wrong with a recipe from grandma Matheny too.

2 cups All Bran cereal
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup soft butter
2 eggs
2 cups of buttermilk
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup each of nuts/raisins (optional)

 Combine the cereal and boiling water and let stand for a few minutes. Add the butter, eggs, buttermilk. When mixed, add the mixed dry ingredients. Add nuts and raisins if desired.  Fill lined muffins tins half full. The remaining batter can be covered and refridgerated. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with a little slab of butter and honey. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I haven't had a bran muffin in ages. Thanks for posting. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails