Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Emeril's Fruit and Nut Granola

I got this recipe out of a food magazine and I thought I would give it a try since I am crazy about granola. I remember "accidentally" eating an entire box of granola bars at a house I was babysitting when I was12 years old. I have been hooked ever since. I definately prefer this recipe since it is not overly sweet like the grocery store kind. I reduced the amount of nuts since I didn't have enough and it still turned out awesome. It is a great after school snack too. -Christine
Ingredients


3/4 cup Honey

2 tbsp  Butter

3 cups Oatmeal

1 1/3 cups Slivered Almonds

1 tsp Kosher Salt

1 cup Premium Dried Cranberries

1/4 cup Brown Sugar

1/3 cup  Creamy Peanut Butter


Directions

Preheat oven to 325.

In a small saucepan, heat 1/4 cup honey and butter over low. Cook, stirring until butter melts. 2 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds and a pinch of salt. Drizzle honey mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine; wipe saucepan clean. Spread mixture evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool completely on sheet. 10 minutes. Return to large bowl and add raisins; stir to combine.

Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking dish. In saucepan combine 1/2 cup honey, nut butter and brown sugar over medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, 10 minutes. Drizzle over oat mixture and stir until combined; firmly press granola into dish with a spatula. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into 16 bars or squares. store in an airtight container at room temperature up to five days.







Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/emerils-nutty-granola-bars/#ixzz1FT3FLBcQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails