Thursday, August 25, 2011

My GREEN smoothie

This is refreshing...healthy...and filling. I love this smoothie. Half of my kids did not give it the thumbs up but my baby couldn't get enough of it. It is more of an adult smoothie. Great for after those work-outs too, or if you are looking to lose some weight. ~BJ

My GREEN Smoothie
recipe by BarbaraJo 

1 handful of spinach
ginger root
juice of 2 limes
1 cup of frozen mango
2 cups of water


Grate the ginger (about an inch off the "root") add all the rest of the ingredients and blend for several minutes until smooth. If you happen to own a VitaMix then use 1 whole lime and don't worry about grating the ginger. Bottoms up!

4 comments:

  1. Oohhh sounds yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome to share this, BJ! And thanks for bringing one over the other day. It was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm... I'm going to try this. BUT I don't have any ginger root. Do you think ground ginger would work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think it would work fine Ashley!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails