Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Another grandma Matheny special. My family polished this off within a few hours. But you know me, I can't resist tryin to "healthify" a recipe, so I have included two versions. It makes an outstounding dessert or breakfast treat (with a cold glass of milk).~Christine

Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Grease and flour bundt pan:

Mix Together:
1 cup butter (I did half unsweetened applesauce)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream (I used buttermilk)

Add:
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Mix and fold into batter:
2 cups of cake flour (if you don't have cake flour, remove 4 Tbl.)
1 tsp baking powder

Pour half of the batter into pan.

Mix the following and sprinkle half the mixture over batter:
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbl. brown sugar

Pour remaining batter into pan and sprinkle with other half of cinnamon mixture. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails