Thursday, February 24, 2011

Norma's Yummy Banana Split Cake (not really a cake)

Our neighbor, Norma Leavitt, put on a wonderful bridal shower for me and served this scrumptious dessert!  I would make it for my children and they still love it and beg for it.  I could eat the whole pan by myself.~Mom

Cookie Crumb Layer:
1 and a half cup flour
1/4 cup chop nuts
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
In a medium bowl, combine the above ingredients.  Press into a 9x13 pan and bake for 15 minutes. COOL!
Butter Layer:
1 cup butter, softened
2 tsp water
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Beat the above ingredient for at least 10-15 minutes until light and fluffy and smooth.  Spread over the cookie crust that has been cooled.  Slice bananas evenly over the top and then spread 1 can of crushed pineapple that has been drained, over the bananas.  Top with whipped whip cream and nuts.  Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
Yield:  12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails